Digital Imaging: Photo Optimization, Retouching, & Restoration
We utilize a full suite of state-of-the-art digital imaging tools and techniques to render your images the best that they can be. Each step along the way is handled with care and expertise: from photographic image capture and post-processing, to retouching and optimization. Brighten smiles, remove blemishes, enhance catchlights, repair old photographs... just a few of the things we'll be glad to do for you.
Imaging Services Include:
The needs of each image are assessed individually, and the amount of computer time needed will vary depending upon what you would like to accomplish. We'll be glad to put together an estimate for you based on what you would like to do, the number of images needed, and the medium of the deliverables.
In print and on the web, bringing your images to light is our specialty. Whether you're looking to optimize existing images, restore an old or damaged photograph, create a unique photographic montage, or just need some minor photo retouching, contact us today to discuss your visual presentation and digital imaging needs.
Digital imaging is the modern equivalent of a photographic darkroom, but with even more flexibility and available tools. It can be used to correct defects, alter colorations, or even create new images that would be virtually impossible to capture in real life. Particularly important for both print and the web, digital imaging is an obligatory process: done well, it creates a sharp and vivid image, balancing quality and download speed, effective across a wide range of computing platforms.
The web really is a medium unto itself, requiring a different perspective than print applications. Experience, a trained eye, and attention to detail are the ingredients we use to offer you the finest quality digital imaging available. Our diverse list of clients can attest to our professional, detail-oriented, and personalized service.
The following is a sampling of the end products that we can create for you. This list is not exhaustive, but may provide you with ideas about what kind of deliverables you would like to request.
- Digital proofs: Smaller, jpeg-encoded images suitable for viewing with a typical web browser. These are particulary useful when you need a highly-portable medium, and is also our standard method of delivering the results of a photo shoot.
- Photographic prints: Good-quality digital prints that you can hold in your hand, mark up, or pass around the table and talk about. Sometimes there's just no substitute for old-fashioned prints, and we're happy to provide them at your request.
- Fine Art Giclée prints: Digital prints of the highest quality. The art and science behind giclée printing (pronounced `zhu-clay`) has gotten very, very good these days. Droplets of archival ink as small as the size of a red blood cell are layered with astounding precision & accuracy, resulting in fade-resistant, museum-quality prints available in a wide array of sizes and upon various substrates including smooth gloss, watercolor paper, and textured canvas.
- CD / DVD: Digital images optimized for your particular needs can be exported onto either CD or DVD. This provides a convenient, easily-archived and transported medium for your requested deliverables. We can work with almost any format that you might need, whether for print, online, or other specialized applications.
- Online: As one of our clients, you will have access to your own password-protected section of our website that allows viewing and saving images that have been prepared for your project. If you have any additional requests, please let us know and we'll be glad to prepare a custom solution, specialized for your application.
- Custom Prints: We're happy to provide you with just about any kind of prints you can imagine, from standard glossy photo prints, to exhibition-quality fine art giclée prints on paper or canvas. Other mediums are available upon request.