Custom Web Development Solutions:
The web is more than the sum of its parts: We take a holistic approach to web development, weaving together skillful photography and design, robust logic and programming, complemented by enticing sales copy and text. With search engine friendly url's and and an intelligently designed architecture, our sites are finely crafted machines made for today, and built for tomorrow.
We translate your vision into reality, implementing the latest cross-platform technologies in web application development. Put this powerful group of online technologies to work for your organization.
Learn more about our web development consulting services.
Core Competencies Include:
- Open Source Customizations
- Zend Framework
- Apache Server
- Pay-per-Click Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
Web Application Development:
Creating effective and extensible solutions is not something that's possible with a one-size-fits-all approach. Your website, your needs, and your circumstances are unique, and we treat them as such. We build every solution from the ground up, crafting the code to meet the unique demands of each project.
Database Architecture & Optimization:
Modern web-based applications can be very demanding in the loads they place on their relational database management system components. Some sites will generate literally thousands of queries every second, and the architecture of the database -- the way in which information within it is laid out -- has a great deal to do with the performance, responsiveness, and scalablity of the application.
Experience with large and complex databases is key: in understanding the benefits they can provide, as well as the challenges they can pose in their implementation. Small changes in the database architecture can and often do have enormous computational consequences.
We have both experience and a solid track record with creating, maintaining, and optimizing large and complex databases and datasets. Contact us to discuss how we can bring that knowledge and experience to bear on your next database project.
Advanced PHP, Data Analysis, & Visualization:
The ability to see and visiualize data of any kind is a powerful tool of analysis in and of itself. Sometimes just looking at a dataset will tell you what you need to know, enabling you to quickly find segments of data that are in need of closer, quantitative inspection. Being able to do this over the web, on-the-fly, from live data can be bordering on revolutionary.
We have built a wide variety of online tools for data analysis and visualization, from simple timeseries plots and pie charts, to multi-colored and multi-line graphs with labels and legends. Have an interest in implementing a data analysis or visualization tool on your website? We're glad to discuss how these tools and techniqes can be applied to benefit your project.
Troubleshooting, Maintenance, & Repair:
The web can change very quickly, with new technologies and techniques becoming available all
the time. Sometimes this can actually break today what used to work perfectly well yesterday.
If you are having trouble with a malfunctioning program, a misbehaving script, or with any aspect of your site,
we can custom-engineer a fix for you, or build a completely new solution.
any of your custom web development needs.
The following is a sampling of the technologies and end-products that we can implement for your website. This list is not exhaustive, but may provide you with ideas and things to consider for your next web development project.
- AJAX: Yes indeed, together with the term "Web 2.0", AJAX has taken the world of web development by storm. But is it right for your site? And where would it be appropriately used? These are important and open questions whose answers largely depend upon your unique circumstances. We're glad to discuss the details that would be involved with implementing these exciting new technologies on your website, which should give you a better idea of whether or not they are currently appropriate for your needs.
- e-Commerce: In the culmination of a number of different web technologies, e-commerce done right is one of the most demanding of web applications in terms of content, security, and responsiveness, as well as layout and design. Security should be one the top concerns, and among our suite of security-related technologies, we utilize proprietary, industry-leading, 256-bit strong encryption algorithms to protect your customers' information, because we know how important trust and security is to any successful e-commerce venture.
- Search: Ever wonder how Google® actually accomplishes the searches for the terms that you type into it? Search is one of those things that: the simpler it seems, the more incredibly complicated it is underneath. This is evidenced by the large number number of sites out there that have poor or non-existent search capabilities. It's not an easy solution to pull off well. If you're ready to make your site searchable, and we mean really search-able, then we have the experience and the tools to make your project a success.
- Form Processing: Your customers have key information they need to get to you. Your website can be a fantastic tool collecting and processing that information. Put our expertise to work building custom scripts to match your needs and design criteria: information can be parsed, sent over a secure connection, data extracted, inserted into a database, emailed to your team, emailed back to the customer, text-messaged to the CEO... The options are vast, and the solutions valuable.
- Search-Engine-Friendly URL's with Mod_rewrite: Utilizing the powerful re-writing engine of the Apache web server known as "mod rewrite", your site can implement addresses such as www.orionimaging.net/contact. This has many advantages such as being easy for people to remember and friendly for search engine robots to crawl. It also provides an additional layer of abstraction between the client and the server which, trust us, proves to be a very good and useful thing.
- XML Sitemaps: You have great content on your website, and clearly you would like for the rest of the world to know about all that great content. Some things on your site are very easy for search engine spiders to find and add to their databases, but other parts of your site might not be as easy to reach. Sitemaps are a tool that lets you explicitly announce exactly where to find all of the resources on your site that you want the world to know about. This is particularly important if you have a dynamic, database-driven site that uses "strange" characters in its URL's.
- Website Analytics: Do you think you know where your visitors are coming from and how they are finding you? Or do you know you know. There's a big difference, and the information that an analytics campaign will yield can be truly suprising. These "data mining" operations can help you optimize your site for the audience you're trying to reach, as well as providing a wealth of insight into how surfers are finding your site, how long they typically stay, what pages you lose them on, what pages have high conversion rates, etc... All critical pieces of information for any successful online venture.
Web Development Technologies:
- PHP: Out of all the currently available server-side technologies, PHP is our language of choice because of its maturity, robustness, and security. Forming the core of your web application, PHP provides a solid, modern, object-oriented platform with which to develop extensible solutions. We refrain from many of the religious-type arguments about server platforms and maintain that the quality of a website is much more influenced by the quality of the developer than by the choice of language. [Read more about PHP...]
- SQL: The Structured Query Language is the language of databases (MySQL®, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle® etc...). SQL is used in order to interface with the database of your choice: providing powerful methods for storing, retrieving, and manipulating data of any kind. Push your site to the next level with dynamic, database-driven interactivity. [Read more about SQL...]
- HTML / CSS / XHTML / XML:
This family of languages is like the flesh and bones of a website.  The current versions have come a
long way from their early implementations, and the compartmentalization of content and presentation has
allowed website architectures to become more object-oriented, holistic, and interwoven: good news for
rich and complex websites.
[Read more about HTML / XHTML / CSS...]